(Please also see Angel's blog, becaue she inintiated this.)
Charecter profile:
1. Appearance. At least 6’ tall, thin, not muscular, but fast and agile. Blond hair, a narrow angular face. (Yes, I am quite aware that this is largely a self-portrait)
2. Fight ability. With weapon: 7. Hand to hand: 3 (and now you know why he’s fast).
3. Weapon of choice. Primary weapon is a longbow which stands nearly as tall as he is. It can launch traditional projectiles, but can also be used in conjunction with a special glove to fire energy bolts. So it acts something like a laser blaster, but with the more organic control of a real wooden bow. For hand-to-hand combat he has a wooden practice sword—it’s not much, but he’s much less likely to injure himself that way.
4. Clothing. Khaki pants and a black Hawaiian shirt with a subtle blue, purple and green tropical floral design. Usually carrying a black over-the-shoulder satchel for his weapons and such. Optional black fedora and silver reflective sunglasses for important occasions
5. Weakness. Aggressive, close-quarter fighting; neurotically obsessed with his hat (often found chasing after his hat, even I the heat of battle); easily manipulated by innocent looking girls with cute smiles.
And if any of my brothers get a chance, I would love to see their profiles as well. I know, some of you don't do anime. That's fine. Just imagine that it is a comic book superhero. The only difference is that anime charecters have super powers for their hair too.
And btw, stealing profusely from other fictional worlds (star wars, wheel of time, middle-earth, dark-wing duck) is highly recomended.
Saturday, July 22, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You and your hat!!
Does the hat have magic powers, or are you just really attached to it? Can we call you Funny Hat? More importantly, would you freak if a small girl accidentally sliced it?
Some charecter have annoying, cute, fuzzy creatures that follow them around. I, however, am not a pet person. So I figure I better go for another time-honored hero's traveling companion: his hat. Indiana Jones, John Wayne, the man who was Thursday, "v" (Vendetta), Capt. Jack Sparrow, the WIcked Witch of the West--I tell you, it's iconographic.
And btw, this "hypothetical" small girl who would "accidentally" slice my hat--she wouldn't be the only person, so far, who has submitted an anime charecter who possess a sword, would she? Because I would have only two things to say to that person: gouda cheese; blue plastic wrap.
Post a Comment