Things are wrapping up for me here in Omaha. Only a few days (4 days, 1 hours) till I head south and back to Texas. And although I’m anxious to get home, I really do leave with a sense of gratitude and celebration. It has been a good summer. Not too many adventures, but lots of silent growth.
And whatever excitement I lacked these past few weeks will soon be filled. Under Sarah’s excellent organization and Cat’s brilliant writing, Without the Alps will be returning for their second annual summer concert: In the heart of little old New York. Full of music, humor, and dancing, this year’s show promises to be the most elaborate and exciting production yet. And we’ve got about a week and a half to pull it all together! It is going to be lots of fun. I love my family!
Anyway, below are some of my favorite photos from this summer. Creighton University really does have a beautiful campus and Omaha has some beautiful sights too (for some great Omaha pics, check out Bronwyn’s blog). It has been a pretty good setting for the contemplative work I’ve been engaged in so much this summer. It still doesn’t compare to Solesmes, but I suppose that this is difference between a French Benedictine Monastery and an American Jesuit University.
MJK
2 comments:
Probably very few places compare to Solesmes.
I was going to email you, but I'll just tell you now instead - I've got the rest of my Omaha pictures posted on my yahoo site. At least, all the ones I intend to put online. (http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/mythie_winters/my_
photos - I always have to look it up myself so why not). There's a lot, but uh.. you knew that. Use slideshow on the fast setting and it doesn't take long. I tried!
Ok, then I just need to write you fast so I can catch you at home. And record your songs, please!!!
Sigh. Everything's in Texas except for me.
Post a Comment