Monday, February 04, 2008

scandal?

Today, it seems that the last of the repairs will be done on the heating unit for my suite--Murphy's Law holds true because it has finally gotten warm enough that I don't care if I have heat (that, and I'm leaving for a week too--double irony!)
During the post-fire exile, I was living half in my suite and half in the guest room. Which is fine for a couple days but the days lingered on and I finally decided that an extra blanket would compensate for the lacking heater and I happily reconsolidated myself to my familiar surroundings.
So would have happily ended my mini-drama, except that the housekeeper was now confused as to which bed she should make-up for me and, while I was in my office, I heard voices coming down the hall telling me: "Matthew! we need to know which bed you are using. Really, you need to stop sleeping around."

. . .

It was actually kinda funny, but the timing could have been better. I was meeting with someone in my office when she said it.

No comments: