Thursday, February 01, 2007

Not a lot, but it's a post

My classes this semester are pretty heavily "front loaded", meaning that there is more work at the beginning and it gets easier later on. I'm getting to the point where my classes are becoming less like standard academic courses and more "practical." Meaning less papers, but more homilies, presentations, etc. It's a nice shift, even if it does mean I'm playing catch-up during the third week of classes.

Last weekend I took a trip down to Austin for the state pro-life Mass and to visit the family. Several of us seminarians got to serve for a big mass with bishops, incense, music, cassocks and miters--the whole Catholic sensory overload. Being "backstage" for a liturgy like that is...interesting. Definitely different from the congregation perspective. The weather that day surprised me--it was wonderful! After the mass I joined the rest of the family at my brother's house for a family party. One highlight was the frisbee game with my siblings. Funness.

I've been half feeling sick today. I don't know if it will get worse or not. Hopefully not. It would really stink to get sick on the weekend not get to miss any classes. I wouldn't surprise me though. The weather has been lousy for a long time and almost everyone on my floor has gotten sick since we started the semester.

Well, it's not a lot, but it's a post. See ya next time!

--d'MontfortFan

2 comments:

Myth said...

It IS a post. Yay for Matt!

Zinc cough drops, if it's a cold. Halls (the blue, preferably) work best to stop a cough though. And lots of vitamin C. It should at least hold it off until classes start on Monday ;-) If it's not a cold, can't help ya, but I'll mail you a chicken if you want to make soup.

Angelie said...

She's right about cough drops, Matteo. And despite what you've heard b33r w0n7 h3l9 j00. 9l4y t0 j00r 5k1llz. R35t, 5l33p.