Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Weekend ho!

Got permission to head home for Friday and Saturday. Yeah! With any luck I'll be bringing a friend with me. Yes!--if the Don finishes his business in this part of town, he will be able to join me for visit to Central.
In other news, things are going pretty well here at semianry. I think I've nearly gotten into the rhythm of life here. There are still a few missing factors that will begin soon (my teaching ministry especially), and then I'm sure my life will be pretty full. The days go quickly--I've got a feeling this semester is going to just fly by.
This year we are starting a "coffee house" on the weekends in the main common area (the "Canteen") for us seminarians. It is a truly amazing phenomenon: people are actually sponteniously sitting together, taking, drinking, playing cards, etc. I know, that doesn't sound too amazing, but I'm impressed. Naturally, I signed up for brewing up some quality expresso, and there is even a good chance that we can organize a little live, open air music session some Saturday nights.

--MJK

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What, they shot down "Cartesian Conclusions" again? You could at least have them spell it right. It's Cantina, not Canteen! ;-)

~Jeff (who else?)

Angelie said...

The Don? Is that a nickname for Dom D'Ettore? Hm. This Cantina talk makes me envious- coffee and music.
Maybe I'll assuage it by making some espresso. Oh! which is better- chocolate or vanilla?

Myth said...

Chocolate. Lots and lots of chocolate.

Angelie said...

New blog post holla, by the way...Benihime is angel's new screenname.