Thursday, January 05, 2006

Heading back to school

Today is my first full day back to school/seminary. Classes won't start for another two weeks, but starting this weekend we have a 6-day silent retreat. I'm looking forward to that. And immediately following the retreat I shall spend the weekend (Jan 13-17) up in MI with several old Ave friends. Mr. Kinney Returns! A few bright spots to enliven the beginning of a semester.

The Christmas festivities in the Kinney household were merry and bright, though all our Christmases were not white. Apart from a flu which passed through the family for the better portion of two weeks, the whole time was great. The New Year eve party was a highlight. Jeff and Rachael hosted a fine party with a good mix of games, food, music, drinks, conversations, food, and a fine little dinner late in the evening. In fact it was so nice, that I came back to visit Jeff the next day and help him eat the leftovers while playing star wars cards and watching episodes of Firefly. I love visiting Jeff's house.

We started recording some music just before I left; "we" meaning my siblings and I who have started our band (Without the Alps). Of course this was our first real attempt at full scale recording and most of our time was spent on technical issues. Someday, I tell you, someday we will finish a recording or get a real gig.

My next post will have some pics from the Christmas break and if I get real ambitious, some pics of the seminary campus too. Stay tuned!

No comments: