Felt like I ought to go ahead and give an update about what's going on in Matt's world.
The silent retreat was superb and I enjoyed it. Maybe I should be a Benedictine or a Carthusian: live in a medival monestary somewhere, silence and the presence of God--except for hours of chanting the office every day. It has it's attraction.
I got to visit the old Ypsi Ave campus. Ah, a weekend of nostalgia and joy. It was like stepping back three years--but it seemed like three days. There were friends that I hadn't seen for months and years but the friendships endured, almost untouched, despite the duration. We had a traditional Saturday night party at the Ark with swing music and everything (thanks to Theresa) and Mr. and Mrs. Altman hosted the traditional Sunday brunch at their apartment. Traditions for traditional Catholics.
The days here at school are flying by quickly. It is the end of almost two weeks of classes. And so far, so good. My Old Testement classes are interesting, for me it's looking at a good deal of new material. I'm also able to keep going on the languages studies, both Latin and Spanish. Systematics and History are fine, but it is mostly repeating what I've already studied.
Now that I'm getting into my routine, I'm hoping to fit in some more creative work--like blogging more than once every 2 weeks. But I've been known to be optomistic in my assesments of myself, and lazy in preformance. Time will tell.
Thursday, January 26, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Matteo...
!SI!
Angelita:
No!
Matteo- Si!
Post a Comment