Thursday, July 31, 2008

Countdown: one week

One week! By next Thursday this time I"ll be on my way to home, with a layover in ElPaso. Rather excited about this. Also, my professor this morning told me that I had done very well on my latest writing assignment. So all in all, it's a good day.
Not much news. I'm getting so close to the end that I don't really have much energy or enthusiasm for trips or such. I'm just kinda of coasting in toward the finish.
But in review, I have accomplished my primary objective with a large amount of success: I have basic language skills in Spanish. I am able to talk in Spanish--provided that my interlocutor is a very patient person-- with a respectable amount of accuracy. I'm slow and clumsy with the language, but I can use it. That's about what I hoped to accomplish before I left, so a clear success on that front. In addition, I have learned a great deal about Mexican history and Mexican mentality;a secondary goal which I count as a win.
I will very likely be home by the time I update again.

No comments: