Monday, January 21, 2008

Holy Smoke!

...did you hear the one about the Church that burned down?

When I arrived back from DCYC late Sat evening, I was met with the news that the heating system for my room had tried to burn down the complex, or at the very least, my suite. The fire-station had been called out, smoke alarms were going, smoke started filling into my room through the air-ducts--and I missed all the excitement.

When everything had settled, I ended up moving across the house to the guest room. My room no longer had heat--unless we wanted to try burning the place down again--and it still smelled like smoke. Actually, it still smells like smoke. My rooms have almost no ventilation capacity. But on the upside, it doesn't smell like nasty plastic-smoke. It has a homey, fireplace smell to it. :-) I have tried to isolate all my clothes from the smoke remnant, but I have a feeling I'm going to have to start washing everything and try to air out the bedding and whatever else I can do to clean this out. Any suggestions?

4 comments:

Myth said...

Marshmallows.

Matthew Kinney said...

????

Matthew Kinney said...

my actual solution included three loads of laundry, a half a bottle of Febreze, scented candles, a vacuum and rock music playing from my computer--but absolutely no marshmallows.

But on the upside, my room now smells like Meadow Rain(tm) and and Fresh Linen(tm)!

Myth said...

I was thinking more for the fire..I suppose if you wanted to smoke something, it'd have to be meat.

I did initially try to come up with something helpful, but I can't remember anything that got smoke out beyond just washing over and over.