Wednesday, December 19, 2007

as the days approach

It really kicked in this past weekend. Before, I was just going through the motions. But now I'm properly mooded for Christmas. I think the big thing that happened was the inclusion of a guest to the rectory. One of the seminarians (the one who had this Parish last year), was invited by my pastor to come and stay in Cove for a while after the semester ended. The difference of having a guest in the house is quite noticeable and, for me, quite enjoyable. It is wonderful to have a peer to sit with, share a meal, and chat.

So, as it turns out, I cannot blame it on getting old, mature, large of foot, or small of heart. For me, the transition seems to happen when "vacation" begins and guests are welcomed home.

With any luck, I shall have a christmas themed drawing to post soon, maybe something to add to my Christmas card this year.

the Lord is near

No comments: