I have now completed my penultimate week of classes. I am happy to report that everything seems to be on schedule, academically speaking. So I've been even been dabbling in something of a social life. Last weekend was highlighted by Domenicus double header: Friday going to see "Guys and Dolls" live at the university and a Sat evening of poetry reading and beer on his balcony.
This week we had a special going away party for the seminarians who are to be ordained this year. There was a nice dinner followed by the traditional "roast" of the 4th year class. The guys that did the Roast was a parody called "Seminarian Idol", letting each of the "contestants" show off their proto-priestly skills in various ministerial situations. It was done exception well and so funny--I have never seen such a successful Roast in my life. Possibly the funniest part was the parody of Jamie Misko, who, I found out this week, has been marked to be the new associate pastor at my home parish in Pflugerville. I always sorta wondered what it would be like if someone I met here at seminary were sent to my home parish. And now it's true...with Jamie. Mmm, oh yeah--this is going to be interesting. St Elizabeth's won't know what hit her.
And speaking about summer assignments, I can mention that I'll be in Austin this summer and next year I'll be at Holy Family Parish in Coperas Cove. Both assignments are as good as I could ask for and I'm looking to the future with high hopes. (Email me if you want my new addresses.)
This weekend should be busy again too. Tonight is a Taize music service, which should be really nice. And tommorow I'm scheduled to go back to see Guys and Dolls again--they did a good job, and Mark wanted to go with me this time. Ok I gotta run to get some lunch.
Pax Christi nobiscum.
Friday, April 27, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment