For those in the habit of noticing absences and observing that-which-is-not, you will have undoubtedly pondered on my blog's recent lack of postage. Although I love my blog and consider it important to update my many fans, I also have a considerable attachment to my grade point average (me and my GPA go way back. She tends to be rather demanding and jealous. We are negotiating some of those issues.)
Anyway, point is this: now is that special time when the sun shines brightly, trees leaf, flowers bloom, and the whole Creation seems to respond in joy to our Lord's victory of life. But there are still some that are dumb and unresponsive to the Easter joy. My body, for example, abruptly decided that the pollen here in Houston is actually a dangerous toxin and left me sick in bed of allegeries for two days.
Also, the professors have this annual ritual of sending us on a type of extended scavenger hunt they call "Research Paper", which involves spending an inordinate amount of time in the library searching obscure words and then spending even more time puzzling how all the words fit together into a predetermined format. The Official Party Line is that these riddling treasure hunts are good for us and they "build character"; the popular conspiracy theory is that they are testing our skills--the weak ones drop out; those that show aptitude, alacrity, and accuracy are punished by being assigned to positions of responsibility; those clever enough to see the trap do the only sensible thing left: procrastinate.
And now you know why I'm updating today.
But on a more positive note, I've been doing a significant amount of prepwork on a creative project that will begin airing on my blog, hopefully, in the near future. I have not forgotten my fans, I'm just in the development stages. Quality work takes time and p0VV3rfu77 ski77z aqw4zi710n (the cultivation of aptitude in one's craft).
And obviously, I never did get that post up about L'Angelus, mostly because I ended up saying most of what I wanted to say to the people I wanted to hear it when I was with them in person over the Easter break. That, and I didn't bring my camera so I don't even have any pics to make it more interesting. It is enough to know that L'Angelus 1z t0+4l r0x3r! (performs completely enjoyable music) and I highly encourage going to their concerts and buying their CD.
Tuesday, April 17, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment