It's official--it's cold! This morning I had frozen water all over the windshield of my car. And for those of you who may or maynot be familiar with such strange occurances, that makes it awfully difficult to see. Thankfully my handy-dandy windshield wipers (with a little handy-dandy winshield wiper fluid) cleared off the frozen percipitation and I was able to drive my car all the way to the front of the seminary without incident. This was an important trip, because I finally got around to checking to see if the upright bass would fit.
For those unenlightened, I should pause here to let you know that HeWhoFrets was a serious critic that the instrument would fit in my "clown car." The dispute between us was raised to higher odds, and in a rash wager each of us vowed that the loser would buy a dinner (or equivalent) for the winner. The dispute has been ended; the chips are down; the cards are up...
It fits.
With room to spare.
I'm going to have to bring extra padding with me to pick up the bass to make sure it doesn't flayle around in all that open space.
"Clown car!!" *arrogant French sneer*
Sooooo,
HeWhoFrets should know that I feel in the mood for tiramistu and cappuccino. Can anybody recommend a good italian restaurant in Austin?
--DeMontfortfan the Victorious
Tuesday, December 05, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
Shoot. Sarah asked me if I wanted to get in on the betting action, but I was too chicken to commit. And I doubted, Matt, I doubted.
You and your car rock.
"HeWhoFrets" -- *snerk*
Shoot. Sarah asked me if I wanted to get in on the betting action, but I was too chicken to commit. And I doubted, Matt, I doubted.
You and your car rock.
"HeWhoFrets" -- *snerk*
I bow to the might (and gas mileage) of your full size* car. The dinner is of your choice and location, and you may bring as many others along as you want provided I may bring Amy. Obviously, I'm only committing to buy for you and Amy. Now if you actually manage to bring one home, I'll throw in dessert.
*Full size comment applies to car size standard of Europe and Japan.
I want to see a picture! Not that I doubt you, but it make me wonder what else you could put in it. Matt, I think I want a hippopotamus for Christmas. Can you swing by the Houston Zoo? :)
Your car is cool.
http://fastlane.gmblogs.com/aveo_shanghai_acrobats.jpg
aw... it left off the end of the link. Try again.
http://fastlane.gmblogs.com/
aveo_shanghai_acrobats.jpg
An upright bass? Coooool.
Well, guess I'm too late.. Mary and I were discussing this, and I sided with you, but never officially threw my vote in.
Not that I was saying anything about your minizised car. I'm just used to packing lots of things into very small spaces ;-)
I never doubted you for a second, Matt.
Boy am I out of the loop! Where did this bass come from? Living on the other side of the country makes keeping up hard, therefore I'm coming home for Christmas and want to be informed!!!!!! What else has been in your car? Heck I just want to see your car!
See you soon!
Gino's Pizzeria
Address:
1701 S Mays St, Round Rock, TX 78664
Phone: (512) 218-9922
Post a Comment