It is the Preface of the Mass for Thanksgiving day, which I think is a beautiful prayer marking a truly wonderful American Holy-Day. I had a great Thanksgiving weekend with the family, and I hope you also all celebrated the feast with joy.
Among all the other things I am thankful for this year (and the list is extensive) I am thankful for Blogs, and even more importantly for a number of very special Bloggers who are very dear to me. Deo Gratias!
Father, we do well to join all creation, in heaven and on earth, in praising you, our mighty God through Jesus Christ our Lord. You made us in your own image and set us over all creation. Once you chose a people and gave them a destiny and, when you brought them out of bondage to freedom, they carried with them the promise that all people would be blessed and all people could be free.
What the prophets pledged was fulfilled in Jesus Christ, your Son and our saving Lord. It has come to pass in every generation for all who have believed that Jesus by his death and resurrection gave them a new freedom in his Spirit.
It happened to our ancestors, who came to this land as if out of the desert into a place of promise and hope. It happens to us still, in our time, as you lead all people through your Church into the blessed vision of peace.
No comments:
Post a Comment