Friday, November 17, 2006

Fullmetal Jedi

Since I'm getting into the business of designing manga-spoofs, I thought I might share what I found on TheOtaku website while I was doing some fanart research.




Similarities are more profound than what it seems at first glance. Ed and Luke both have replacement appendages, both are sons of an evil genius, and both have quasi-magical powers. But we still have to draw the carvernous divide between the two: Ed is not whiny and he has much better hair (not that it takes much to beat Mark Hamill.)

And speakingof hair, Lt Hawkeye does not seem to be enjoying herself. I think she is very not pleased about the Princess Leia cinnamon buns on her head.

8 comments:

Angelie said...

0_o

mrsdarwin said...

I think those are just hysterical.

Lt. Hawkeye rarely seems to enjoy herself -- except when she's training small puppies... :)

Unknown said...

You went from pictures of our niece to this? I generally hold you in high regard, but you're pushing pretty far with this. I don't understand...

Anonymous said...

Matt....Really?

Matthew Kinney said...

What!?! this is good fanart.

I guess this would be a bad time to tell you about Angel's and my plan on writing/drawing our own Fullmetal Alchemist sub-series...

Oh well, three topics that will always lead to an argument: politics, religion, and anime.

Angelie said...

HAHAHA Right on!

Matthew Kinney said...

by the way, if you hand't figured it out already, my interest in anime is all because the Muse (aka Angel). Sodon't leave her out of the credit/blame

Angelie said...

May I be forgiven...