
The other night, I was a Frenchman and a Jesuit.
Once you get over that shock, I’ll continue.
OK, lets start from the beginning.
As part of the work of St Mary’s Missionary Committee, we had a celebration of missionary work around the world. It involved a special international meal, evening prayer with music from a few different continents, and the high point: a skit/short play about the Church’s missions.
The play is a mythical post-Renaissance meeting between the Pope (“Pope Thomas Augustin I”) and several of the greatest missionaries from all around the world. I played the part of Fr. Jacques Marquette (who was a French Jesuit; see it wasn’t as bad as you thought).
The play was a big hit. It was written by Mark, one of my classmates, the same genius who did so much for New Person's Night last semester. as we got to poke fun at one of our formators (the "Pope" acted a lot like Mnsr. Flores), and use all sorts of other-national images and phrases. And the costumes were great (which were also designed by Mark. Like I said, he's a genius).
And since a picture tells a thousand words, I’ll stop writing and allow you to enjoy the pictures.


1 comment:
My new favorite (American, anyway) city is named after you.
Which really just proves MI's superiority after all.
Post a Comment