Sunday, April 09, 2006

A post? After so long? It's a miracle!

Well folks, tonight is your lucky night. That's right: one of you lucky might be the one to name this character!

Or, in other words, if you want to help feed my new obsession in drawing, place your comment below on what you think I should name this girl. Something Irish would be appropriate, although let's avoid anything cliche, ok?

All submissions will be carefully considered and the winner will be named First Place Winner and will have all the rights and privledges of feeling really good about themselves because they are the First Place Winner, and will get their name published on my blog under the title of First Place Winner!

Limited time offer--act now!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Katherine - from Mary (go figure)

Myth said...

It is indeed a miracle.

I'm too tired for this. I'll probably change my entry later. But until I'm more awake and get around to it - Casidhe Vevila Wynne.

Means something along the lines of "clever woman with a melodious voice." The coat of arms has what I think are wolves on it, only they have really long tongues. Like they were cross-bred with snakes.

Angelie said...

Hmm. Since this is in the manga style there must be a name logic of a sort to the character. We can choose:
An irish name
A japanese name that sounds irish
An irish name that sounds japanese
A name that evokes Green, Ireland, or spring.
Hmm. I would say Siobhan (traditional irish) Midoriko (japanese, lit. little green')
or Rin Kelly. Rin: girl's name, eg. sound of a bell.)

Matthew Kinney said...

Gosh, you are all dilligent at checking my blog, despite it's usual fruitlessness.

I've got a new challenge for bonus points in the naming contest: a name that is reversable for guys/girls, i.e . Chris for Chistopher or Christine.

Myth said...

Hmm. Apparently Cassidy (alternate of Casidhe) can be either a girl or a boy.

I like it, too. But for the sake of coming up with something new - Riley Del (Della(f)/Deli(m) Teague, meaning either valiant and noble poet (f) or valiant warrior poet (m).

No wolves, though. Anyway, are you looking for full names or first names?

Matthew Kinney said...

Myth,
First names, full names--I'm not sure yet. These things take on a life of their own if you let them. That was a page full of doodles and she was the only one that worked. I'm just wating for inspiration.

Myth said...

Brilliant. Than I shall continue to offer full names until I've convinced you of one of them. After all, first place would be really special. ;-)

Myth said...

You could always go with Flanna Ierne < put your own last name here> ("red haired from Ireland" - very, err, generic, but it's a nice name.. ;-) ).

Anonymous said...

Brigit