Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Goings on

It has been a long time since I gave any sort of a personal update--or very much text at all. Of late, pictures have dominated the digital scene. Someone once said that a picture speaks a thousand words. I'm inclinded to chalk that up as poetic exageration. Though on the chance that it is true, I beleive that I have overcome Myth on her word-count (last posted word count: 5,013).
It is not like I have given up on writing. My obsession with words, whether written or accomianed by the sound of my own voice, has not lessened since my assignment. But I do have new outlets. I have found myself doing quite a bit in the realm of teaching/preaching at my parish--a job to my liking. I suppose that fulfilling my duties toward parishioners has left me with less enthusiasm to employ my skills upon my blog. That and the fact that most of my readers are people that I am in contact with on a regular basis anyway. It is redundant to repeat things repeatedly. ;-)
Still, given the option, I should hate for my blog to fall into disuse; it has been and good and useful friend these past months. How best to employ a blog? A question to ponder.

At least I can mention that I have now reached approximately 2 months at my parish, and things are going well. I am kept occupied, it is progressively getting busier. I stick to the office most of the day, usually have a meeitng in the evening, and I have been traveling every one of my days off (either to Austin, Dallas or Houston). Not that my life is hectic--thankfully, it is not that busy--but I rely heavily on my calendar to organize all the different responsibilities from several different quarters. It is a new rhythm of life for me, but I think I'm adapting well. This whole parish thing seems to fit pretty well for me. Soon it shall be Advent and Christmas, and things will become busier yet. All the parties, the preparations, the liturgies, the presents, the music--sometimes being at the parish is little different from being at home: same activities, but just on a bigger scale.
I think I shall post again soon. Domenic, Alex and I have had an interesting series of moives each followed by discussions of comprable interest. Perhaps next post we'll talk a bit about "V for Vendetta."

2 comments:

Myth said...

No fair quoting nearly week old totals!

And yes... you need to write more.

Unknown said...

Some of us aren't in such close contact right now...