I'm back now. From both trips.
The reatreat finished on Friday morning (a great retreat, by the way) and I then I went to Dallas to visit and help an Angel get into her new apartment at UD. Sadly the trip got cut short and I made a harrowing escape from the city, retreating just ahead of a monstrous ice storm that threatened to immobilize the entire metroplex. By now, I'm sure the winter storm has decended in full and sent those populations into a forced hibernation, but here by the Gulf I'm back to my shortsleves with the weather warning of a couple thunder clouds mvoing into the area. There is a moral to this story:
I love my car.
Saturday, January 13, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
And strangely enough, that ice storm never materialized. Instead, it thawed out, I went to the movies with Mona, and it might even warm up tonite. But I'm still glad you came up as long as you did. And we'll just have to take a raincheck on tea and FMA in my apt.
Cruel, fickle fates! Insult and injury you have dealt to me, cutting short my trip and rendering hollow my heroic deeds. Curse you panic-inducing meteorologists, you and your inconstant science!
I found snow.
I told you 5ci3nc3 is a cruel harlot. Ph33r the meteorologists- they are tyrants.
Post a Comment