Saturday, August 26, 2006

"Rising crooner promises sun and moon to Star"--Kip

It is a ironic rule of life that when you are busiest you have no time to write to others about your activities, but at the same time that is exactly when the most intense and interesting things happen. Such has been my exerience the past little while.

Without the Alps second annual summer concert was a complete success. About 35 guests were treated to a three course dinner and a five-star original musical written and directed by Cat H (we love you Cat!!!!) Hats off to Miss Katherine Longfellow (my sister Mary), the undisputed diva; to the fast flying fingers of the fabulous chord catching accompianist, George (Kevin); the real rhythm, discipline, drive, determination, and dance designer drummer, Irene (Sarah); our abused bassist who patiently endured the most lines and the least time to learn them, Mr Buckingham (Brian); Andrew, who let us see us what a stage hand can do; JP for being cute, so that the rest of us didn't have to try; and the bombastic, fantastic, assonatic headlines of the News tip person, Kip Parsons (Jeff). Sadly, I don't have pictures right now, but they will be coming soon. We all had a great time, it was a great preformance, and I hvae no idea how we are going to top it next year--time will tell.

Quickly after that, I pascked up all my belongings (and a few that belong to other people--it's ok, I asked first), and made my way to Houston, and St Mary's seminary. It's hot, it's rainy every afternoon, it's incredibly humid--reminds me of many happy days in Florida! Things are going well. I'm much more comfortable than I was last year. I'm much more prepared, have matured alot, prayer is good, have more friend here, good times, sunshine and summertime--all that stuff. And to top it all off, Domenic is studying only a few miles from where I am right now. I've already gone and spent a couple evenings with him, exploring the city and swapping stories till late in the night. I've missed him, and it is really nice to be back together again. Sadly, Domenic does not share my fondness for the Gulf Coast: warm wet weather, palm trees--even the promise of a trip to the beach--do not impress him at all. Oh well. Paybacks for me freezing my nose off while he was praising the glories of a northern winter.

It's been a long time since I put up anything "creative" (as opposed to "news") on my blog. Maybe that will be my next post. I start classes on Monday, but the first week is usually just introducing the syllabus--not highly challenging stuff. Farewell!

--MJK

4 comments:

Myth said...

Yay for northern winters!

..oh, right, I'm closer to the beach now. Yay for seashells?

BZ said...

YAY for Austria! :D and three metres of snow piled up on the sidewalk! (but only in the 'spring' folks, right now it's the beautiful Alpine Autumn!)

Myth said...

That, I agree with. YAY AUSTRIA!

mrsdarwin said...

Ooh, my name on someone else's blog -- maybe I'm finally hitting the big time here.

Good luck with school this year. Post early and often!