Saturday, June 17, 2006

Personal internal cumbustion powered blue toy




Feast your eyes folks: this is my shiny new storm blue, manual transmition, hatchback, '05 Chevy Aveo. Mostly thanks to my constant benefactrix, Aunt Theresa, I no longer have to bum rides off from my classmates to buy laundry detergent. Thanks Aunt Theresa!

For those of you with keen eyes, you will notice one thing wrong about this car. Go ahead, look again. The problem is location. It is sitting in front of my home--in Austin. Normally, I'd consider this a great place for it to be, but not while I'm in Omaha for the next 8 weeks!!! Isn't it ironic? It's like getting your very first car, to let your Dad drive it to work for the first two months. Isn't it ironic, don't you think? A little too ironic...anyway.

I think my next post will introduce a theory I am formulating concerning the intimate link between smell, food, and cultural attitudes.

Farewell

3 comments:

Myth said...

Chevy! I like the car. And the location. The real problem here is that you're not where it is, not that it didn't follow you to Omaha, to which even TX is a superior location ;-) I shouldn't say that. Omaha still counts as midwest right? Somewhat. The weird western part.

Oh, and try not being able to drive your new car for the first six months because it's broken. At least yours is in one piece!

Angelie said...

Meep meep!! Very nice. I tend to avoid the shev-er-roll-its, as they're called. But at least it is a good car and you can drive it in two months. Not too ironic, since what you need it for is to not bum rides off the other seminarians.
p.s. She's right. It IS nice to have a car that isn't broken at first.

Myth said...

Let's put racing stripes on it.